SWAP Space

Robert C. Montjoy montjoy at ucece1.ece.uc.edu
Fri Jul 28 23:53:18 AEST 1989

I am trying to increase the swap space on a SUN MODEL 3/60 running OS 3.5
and I am having some trouble accomplishing it. The main problem is the
documenation dealling with this subject is vague at best.

The situation is as follows:

	1)	I am trying to use the B partition on the
		second disk drive we have to increase the
		swap to about 30 -35 meg. This is necessary
		because of the simulations we are running.

	2)	I am attempting to do this by adding entry
		to the fstab.  I am using the
		following entry:

			/dev/sd0a / 4.2 rw 1 1
			/dev/sd2a /tmp  4.2 rw 1 2
			/dev/sd0g /usr 4.2 rw 1 2
			# Swap Space Entry:
			# Note only device entry and type are actually used
			/dev/sd2b /junk swap rw 1 2
			/dev/sd2g /usr/user.g 4.2 rw,noquota 1 2

	3)	It keeps giving me the error:

			"No such device /dev/sd2b".

Any ideas?

Thanks