Determining the console window under sunview.

Joe Smith tardis!jms at tymix.tymnet.com
Sat Jul 8 12:44:59 AEST 1989

Thanks to all who responded.  I must have had a mental block because I was
already doing something along those lines in my .login file.  The relevant
lines in my .logout file are now:

	if ("`tty`" == /dev/console && "$TERM" == sun) then
		clear
		screenload ~/.logoutscreen
	endif

As to the other thing I hinted about:
	cat /dev/console /dev/ttya
	^D
does not cause a bus-error panic after upgrading to SunOS-4.0.3.

Now for a new question:  How can .login and/or .cshrc determine that it
is being invoked in the "console window" under sunview?  The test of
	if (`tty` != /dev/ttyp0)
fails if anyone has rlogin'ed to my workstation.

Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS at F74.TYMNET.COM or jms at tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
PO Box 49019, MS-D21    |
San Jose, CA 95161-9019 |