RCS under 4.0.1

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Fri Jul 28 10:38:42 AEST 1989

gretzky at unison.larc.nasa.gov (Mitch Gretzky) answers
eho at cognito.princeton.edu (Eric Ho)'s question "Has anyone got RCS
installed & working correctly under SunOS 4.0.1?...  [My attempt] barfed
at rcsutil.c (saying some illegal pointer types or something)?" by
writing:

	I found that the easiest way to get it to compile without error was to
	use the GNU c-compiler (gcc1.35).  Now it works just fine.  Don't
	forget to use the "-traditional" flag.

It's cleaner to get the types correct in rcsutil.c.  RCS's src/Makefile says:

	#     Also, set SIGNAL_TYPE to be what your signal() handlers yield.
	#     Old-fashioned signal handlers yield 'int'; the newer ones 'void'.

	SIGNAL_TYPE = int

Change the `int' to `void' and rcsutil.c will compile.