RCS under 4.0.1

Mitch Gretzky gretzky at unison.larc.nasa.gov
Sat Jul 22 01:15:22 AEST 1989

>  Date:    9 Jul 89 21:07:34 GMT
>  From:    eho at cognito.princeton.edu (Eric Ho)
>  Subject: RCS under 4.0.1 ??
>
>Has anyone got RCS installed & working correctly under SunOS 4.0.1 ?  I
>got a copy of RCS from uunet last night and when I compiled the thing, it
>barfed at rcsutil.c (saying some illegal pointer types or something).  I'm
>doing this on a Sun-4/110M-16 with a GENERIC kernel.

I had the same problem with it on a Sun3/60 under 4.0.1.  I retrieved my
copy from purdue, supposedly the latest version.  Either way,  I found
that the easiest way to get it to compile without error was to use the GNU
c-compiler (gcc1.35).  Now it works just fine.  Don't forget to use the
"-traditional" flag.

Hope this helps.

			-=>gretzky<=-
.mitch