gnuemacs hang with broadcast message on SunOS 4

George A. Planansky umb!umb!gplan at husc6.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 20 04:42:25 AEST 1989

when a message is broadcast over the system, say e.g. a shutdown message.

Emacs running in sun windows does not hang.  Our vt100s are connected via
3COM terminal servers, to our ethernet, so they come in to our suns over
ethernet, on ttyp# tty's.

I'd be grateful for an explanation, and a remedy, for this problem.
Please email to me directly -- I'll post a summary if there's interest.
Thank you.

George Planansky   gplan at ra.umb.edu
617 547-6207 Atmosphere Environment Research, Cambridge, Mass. USA