Parallel Port on ALM-2

Wayne J. Lyle sjuvax!lyle at princeton.edu
Thu Jul 20 04:33:30 AEST 1989

I am attempting to hookup a parallel printer up to the parallel port of an
ALM-2 (Sun 4/260 - Sun OS 4.0.3). The device name is /dev/mcpp0 (MAKEDEV).
I have the printcap entry setup but after I send something using 'lpr' -
lpc tells me that it is ready and printing however the printer really
isn't.  Can anyone shed some insight on the subject.  I called it in to
the Sun Hotline , in other words I am on my own.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne Lyle

Wayne J. Lyle  				    St. Joseph's University
Academic Computing                          Philadelphia, Pa 19131
lyle at sjuvax.UUCP, lyle at sju.edu.CSNET