Extended Monitor Cables info needed

miller at gaia.m2c.org miller at gaia.m2c.org
Fri Jul 7 01:11:56 AEST 1989

I am going to purchase an 100 foot cable which will allow me to place my
Sun 3/260 in the computer room, while locating the monitor an office area.
I have seen a product advertised by a company called Artecon (Carlsbad,
Ca.).

Has anyone used a product like this? Has anyone dealt with Artecon? (It
seems that _good_ Sun distributors are really hard to come by...) Are
there other vendors selling these types of cables? Is there a trick to
running a monitor 100 feet from a pedestal, or could we just use coax and
twisted pair?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer

 Stephen Miller         The Massachusetts Microelectronics Center
 System Manager         75 North Drive
 miller at m2c.org         Westboro, Mass. 01581
 harvard!m2c!miller     (508)870-0312
 Line5