tcsh in a shell buffer (help !!)

Eric Ho eho at word.princeton.edu
Tue Jul 11 09:45:18 AEST 1989

Does anyone know how to make tcsh processes output sensibly ?  I'm getting
all these extra ^M's at the end of lines in the shell buffer in Emacs.
I'm running GNU Emacs 18.54 on my Sun-4/110M-16 under OS 4.0.1 (Generic
kernel) and I got my copy of tcsh from uunet.uu.net about a month ago
(tcsh.sun4os4 -- a ready-to-go tcsh binary).  Someone told me to put 'stty
nl -echo' in my .emacs_csh or .emacs_tcsh file but that still won't help.
These extra ^M's are really a drag !!  It doesn't seem to matter what kind
of shell buffer I'm firing up -- doing 'm-x shell' or 'm-x cmushell' both
give me the extra ^M's.  It isn't an Emacs problem per se since it works
fine if I'm uisng sh or csh as my default shell, so ...

Any pointers appreciated.

Eric Ho
Cognitive Science Lab.,		Princeton University
voice = 609-987-2819 (x2987)	email = eho at confidence.princeton.edu
					eho at bogey.princeton.edu
regards.

eric