Transcript under 4.0 ?

Guy Harris auspex!guy at uunet.uu.net
Sun Jul 23 08:00:49 AEST 1989

>I was able to get Transcript 2.1 running under 4.0 fairly easily.  As I
>remember, I too got bit by that bug until I realized that the new version
>of sed just didn't have the -c flag.

If there is anybody out there familiar with a version of "sed" that *DOES*
have a "-c" flag, could they please let the rest of us know about it?
Neither of the two versions I know of derived from AT&T's original "sed",
namely the System V and 4.xBSD versions, have any such flag.  As far as I
know, no version of "sed" ever distributed with SunOS had such a flag,
either.  Maybe Adobe's cooked up such a version of "sed", but if so and if
they use it in their Makefiles they should either 1) distribute that
version of "sed" or 2) stop using that flag.