stropen: out of streams resource ( Revisited )

George Pontis moldev!geo at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jul 12 07:53:09 AEST 1989

A few weeks ago I posted on this newsgroup a request for help with a
problem with our system running out of streams. Many people responded with
the same suggestion that I modify the param.c file to increase NSTREAM,
and rebuild the kernel. I did, and everything worked OK for a few weeks.
Now, the error error has returned.

After rebooting the system and experimenting a bit, I find that sunview is
"consuming" one streams resource every time sunview starts up. So ... it
is just a matter of time before they are all used up. Is this not some
sort of a kernel bug ?

We use OS 4.0.1 on 3/60s and 3/50s. The same effect occurs on both servers
and clients. Any more ideas ???

Thanks !

George Pontis
...uunet!moldev!geo