Using 3.X libsuntool.a in a 4.0.1 system ??

Eric Ho eho at cognito.princeton.edu
Mon Jul 24 17:03:33 AEST 1989

Does anyone out there tried using a 3.[345] libsuntool.a on a 4.0.1 Sun-3
(i.e. compiled and run ok) ?

Basically, I've changed (actually, I just overlay my own version into my
own code) the following functions about 2 years back and I need to run the
darn program again this summer and of course, it broke and I just wondered
if I can just fetch some 3.X SunView library files (and maybe some header
files also) and patch them in ?

3.X Sunview functions patched/overlaid are :-

	ev_find_in_esh(), textsw_find_byte(), textsw_find_pattern()

in files

	textsw_find.c, ev_once.c

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Eric Ho
Cognitive Science Lab.,		Princeton University
voice = 609-987-2819 (x2987)	email = eho at confidence.princeton.edu
					eho at bogey.princeton.edu