Looking for any public domain network diagnostic/monitor tools

Paul Evan Matz paul%ppgbms at uunet.uu.net
Thu Jul 13 08:46:30 AEST 1989

I was wondering if someone out there could recommend any good network
diagnostic tools that run on a PC or a Sun, either for cash or public
domain.  I have heard that some things from CMU and MIT exist, but have no
details.  Monitoring of packet sources and destinations, of various types
of protocol, might be handy.  Any tips would be much appreciated.  (I have
played with Sun's traffic program, but it doesn't seems to do much with
packets of the ipx [netware] protocol variety).

	Thanks (wishful thinking)
	Regards,

	Paul Matz
	PPG Biomedical Systems