9Track Tape <-> SCSI ?

Reg Clemens reg at sequent.afwl.af.mil
Sat Jul 22 08:44:50 AEST 1989

I currently own a standalone SUN2/120 with a 9track (CDC 92181) tape drive
supplied by SUN attached.  I would like to replace this machine with a
Sparcstation I.

Now I really need the 9track tape to exchange data with other systems, so
any replacement system would have to be able to talk to a 9track drive.
Does anyone out there know of any product that would let me talk to the
Pertek interface on this drive from a SCSI port?

I know of some cheap (well they LOOK cheap) 9track drives for PC's and
MAC's that have built in SCSI interfaces, and I could keep the SUN2 around
(and buy it an Ethernet interface) just to read and write tapes, but Im
not thrilled with either solution.

                                Reg.Clemens
                                clemens at afwl.af.mil