Request for laser printer recommendations...

Jacob Parnas archet!larouch!jparnas at uunet.uu.net
Sun Jul 23 20:44:57 AEST 1989

Our department is considering the purchase of some printers and we are
soliciting comments from people with actual experience.  The features we
are seeking include

o  postscript
o  dvi files (possibly after conversion to postscript)
o  troff output (possibly after conversion to postscript)
o  good fonts
o  paper tray capacity >= 1 ream (500 sheets)
o  lpd print spooling (with or without an independent server)
o  easily available supplies

We also have a slight interest in a higher quality printer with similar
interface requirements for camera-ready output preparation on large paper.

If you have any experience, I'd appreciate it if you would drop me a
note.

Thanks,

| Jacob M. Parnas                    | DISCLAIMER: The above message is from |
| IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Ctr. | me and is not from my employer.  IBM  |
| Arpanet: jparnas at ibm.com           | might completely disagree with me.    |
| Bitnet: jparnas at yktvmx.bitnet      \---------------------------------------|
| Home: ..!uunet!bywater!acheron!larouch!jparnas | Phone: (914) 945-1635     |