4.1 ?

Eric Y.W. Ho eho at bogey.princeton.edu
Sun Jun 4 13:28:51 AEST 1989

Does anyone know what time frame will 4.1 be out ?  I heard that 4.1 will
fix a lot of the horrible problems in 4.0 (e.g. performance on 4meg
systems, uucp, ...) and that 4.1 has lots of goodies (e.g. some
productivity tools like some Paint and Draw programs, a new awk, X11/NeWS
-- I think that it is about time Sun should stop shipping its 1st
generation kernel-based (yuck!) window systems with their new machines &
OS).  Also, I assume that moving from 4.0 to 4.1 won't be as drastic as
moving from 3.X to 4.0, right ?  (I hope that a simple upgrade would do
the trick).

Eric Ho
Princeton Cognitive Science Lab.,	Princeton University
email = eho at phoenix.princeton.edu	voice = 609-987-2819