SunView / Suntools

aviad adiel aviad%BIMACS.BITNET at rutgers.edu
Sun Jun 4 19:59:39 AEST 1989

  Hello SunView experts !

    I have three questions about SunView:

 1. In a program that creates & treats Textsw, I have to branch to my own
 function AFTER a scrolling (asked by the user) has been done.
    How can I take controll right after the standard scrolling has been
 executed ?
    How does the filemerge utility do that ?

 2. In menu_create, I use the "MENU_NOTIFY_PROC, menu_return_item" parametr,
 in order to get the selected item itself (not its number), as described in
 the SunView Programer's Guide. It doesn't seem working !
    Is that a bug, or am I using it wrong ?

 3. About the SELECTION SERVICE:
    In a program that creates & treats Textsw, I have to know where a selection
 ends. So I call:

        char pos[15];
        Seln_holder   holder;
        Seln_request *buffer;
        Attr_union    attribute;

        holder = seln_inquire(SELN_PRIMARY);
        buffer = seln_ask(&holder, SELN_REQ_LAST, 0, 0);

 But I DON'T get the last position of the selection !

    Is that a bug, or am I using it wrong ?

 Partial answers are welcome, too.

   Adi Aviad   ( aviad at bimacs )                    Bar-Ilan University
                                                        Israel