Info. on frame grabber wanted

Ryutarou Ohbuchi ohbuchi at unc.cs.unc.edu
Tue Jun 20 01:30:45 AEST 1989

I am looking for a VME frame grabber board to be used with SUN-4 and with
a specially designed parallel processor system.  Any suggestion and
comment, info. on contact point, etc. are welcome. Please email me.

What I need is a B/W frame grabber (possibly color, of course) that can
capture NTSC composite video frame in real-time.  Grey-level dynamic range
of 8bit is (more than) enough.

A special need here is the fast read-out; we will try near real-time
processing of captured image by special parallel processor.  How it's read
out in real-time depends on the board available, but we may consider
utilizing special off-VME bus (for company image processor board, for
example) to couple frame grabber to the special machine (Pixel Planes 5
beeing developped at UNC-CH). (VME does not have enough bandwidth, I
think.)  I a desperate move, we may even consider to capture the frame in
multiple identical frame grabber to increase transfer bandwidth.

Thanks so much in advance.

Ryutarou Ohbuchi