Apollo-Sun cartridge tape reading thru tar?

Howard C. Hart nova!hart at decwrl.dec.com
Thu Jun 22 03:10:52 AEST 1989

In article <3849 at kalliope.rice.edu> cynthia at cod.nosc.mil (Cynthia G. Anderson) writes:
>I want to be able to write a cartridge tape so that either the a sun-3 or
>4 OR an apollo DN 3010 can read it.  I've been told it's possible using

then I replied with a bunch of instructions on how to transfer tape data
between Sun's and Apollos, with one major goof. Blocksizes should be
evenly divisable by record lengths, so instead of my bad example using 80
byte record length and 512 byte block sizes it should be 80 byte record
length and 80 byte block size. Thought I'd get this out before major
flames descend. Sorry.

Howard C. Hart                  UUCP:{sun!sunncal,pyramid}!leadsv!laic!nova!hart
Lockheed Missiles and Space Co.
Orgn 59-53, Bldg 593            Ph: (408) 743-2253 or -7353
Sunnyvale, CA 94086