perfmeter defaults to server

Jonathan Eisenhamer jon at astro.ucla.edu
Wed Jun 14 04:17:18 AEST 1989

We have upgraded to 4.0.1 just recently and now perfmeter is behaving
strangely.  According to the manual page, if perfmeter is invoked without
any arguments, it will display the statistics for the host that perfmeter
was invoked on.  Under 3.5, this was the case.  Now however, perfmeter
does not display the statistics of the current host, but it displays the
statistics of (in our case) the yp server.  Specifying a hostname works
properly.  Is this a bug?  Is this a new "feature"? or does it indicate
that the server/clients were setup improperly?

Summary of responses will be posted.

				Thanks for your time,
				Jonathan Eisenhamer
				jon at astro.ucla.edu