68000 software development on Suns?

Ned Danieley ndd at sunbar.mc.duke.edu
Wed Jun 14 04:25:51 AEST 1989

We want to develop some software for a standalone 68000-series processor
on one of our Suns. We have an HP development system, but the code it
generates from C is pretty bad.  It appears that we can use gcc to do the
compilation, but it isn't clear what we can do about the library routines,
and we also need to be able to download.  The development system
understands how to deal with code in M_hex, I_hex, and T_hex. So we need
to know how to provide the standard library routines (mainly printf and
scanf), and we need some way to convert the binary that we copile on the
Sun to one of these hex formats. At this point, it may be clear that we
are trying to avoid spending any money, so we are looking for free advice
and code. Can anyone help?

Ned Danieley (ndd at sunbar.mc.duke.edu)
Basic Arrhythmia Laboratory
Box 3140, Duke University Medical Center
Durham, NC  27710
(919) 684-6807 or 684-6942