rm internal syncronization error

Kathryn Fielding sunkist!ohio!kathryn at sun.com
Tue Jun 13 08:40:41 AEST 1989

Recently we received an unusual error message, which I'm not quite sure
what it means.

NFS server waimea not responding still trying
NFS server waimea ok
rm: /data.waimea/larry/prod/group3.102/info/arc048dat not removed: No such file or directory
rm: internal synchronization error: /data.waimea/larry/prod/group3.102/info, arc048dat, arc049nit
rm: /data.waimea/larry/prod/group3.102/info not removed
rm: /data.waimea/larry/prod/group3.102 not removed

As rm said, the files were not removed. If anyone has an explanation for
exactly what this message means, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kathryn