swapping over nfs

Jon A. Tankersley apctrc!zjat02 at uunet.uu.net
Sat Jun 24 16:11:08 AEST 1989

One thing I noticed is the fudge factor is kinda large for the swap
partitions (6%).  This is due to the default settings for the partition
with respect to inodes, etc.  Since /export/swap will usually have less
than 50 (or even 20) files and really doesn't need lost+found, wouldn't it
be better to change the newfs options(mkfs options) and trim the fat down
to 1% overhead?  I've been meaning to try this, as I am also running with
111% /export/swap, but haven't tried it yet.

Has anybody figured out why something tries to use /export/swap on the
server for more than nfs swap?  I get 'file system full' messages every
once in a while.  Dunno what vmunix is doing...
-tank-
#include <std/disclaimer.h>		/* nobody knows the trouble I .... */
tank at apctrc.trc.amoco.com    ..!uunet!apctrc!tank