Determining if /dev/console = /dev/fb and not /dev/ttya

Joe Smith tardis!jms at tymix.tymnet.com
Thu Jun 15 16:57:04 AEST 1989

I want to have my .logout script put a rasterfile on the screen when I
logout on a workstation.  Using "if (`tty` == /dev/console)" I can reject
logins from the dialup ports and rlogin sessions, the file server has
/dev/ttya as its console.  My first misguided attempt to check if
/dev/console is the same as /dev/ttya caused the server to panic with a
bus error.  Any suggestions?

Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS at F74.TYMNET.COM or jms at tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
PO Box 49019, MS-D21    | PDP-10 support: My car's license plate is "POPJ P,"
San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | narrator.device: "I didn't say that, my Amiga did!"