Sun 3/160C problems with 4.0 Suntools

Ingo Cyliax mcvax!ethz!cyliax at uunet.uu.net
Thu Jun 1 17:23:02 AEST 1989

System :
	- Sun 3/160C with selected SunOS 4.0.1 upgrade and Generic 4.0
	- Xylogic Disk Controller with Eagle

Problem :
	Whenever you use 4.0 Suntools, the machine will hang at
	various points. Eventually a Silo overflow will occur
	because of mouse and keyboard action. This problem also
	happens with 3.4 Suntools under SunOS 4.0 , but not as often.
	No problems were noted when we were running SunOS 3.4.

If anyone has seen this and has any clues to why this is happening, please
let me know. We don't really want to back down to 3.4.

Thanks, -ingo

/*                     Ingo Cyliax    Institut fuer Informatik            *
 * cyliax%ifi.ethz.ch at relay.cs.net    ETH-Zentrum                         *
 *                cyliax at ethz.uucp    CH-8092 Zuerich                     *
 *            Tel: +41 1 256 35 31    Switzerland                         */