Yellow Pages and Name Server interaction (ypserv/ypbind/na

Joe Garbarino jgarb at csd360b.erim.org
Sat Jun 17 12:32:07 AEST 1989

Hello.  If you are running SunOS 3.x, ypserv -i is indeed the solution (it
worked for me).  If you are running SunOS 4.0, you need to install SunOS
4.0.1, since a bug in ypserv prevented the code from working.  After
installing 4.0.1, you need to go into the Makefile for yp (/var/yp) and
add a -b to the makedbm for the hosts yp map (also, drop the -i from
ypserv), the remake your hosts yp map (or all the maps, if you're lazy
like me).  Look at the makedbm documentation for more information.

					Joe Garbarino
					ERIM
					P.O. Box 8618
					Ann Arbor, Mi.  48107