Yellow Pages and Name Server interaction (ypserv/ypbind/na

P. Allen Jensen jensen%bessel at gatech.edu
Thu Jun 15 07:59:44 AEST 1989

Can someone tell me how to get yp to use a name server when a host cannot
be found in the host database ?  The Sun documentation seems to indicate
that this is possible.  I have set up a valid /etc/resolv.conf file and
sendmail.mx works fine as does nslookup, however, when I try
ftp/rlogin/telnet to a host that is not in the yp database but is
available from the name server (verified using nslookup) I get "host
unknown"

I even tried the -i option on ypserv (a rumored option to enable resolver
routines) but no luck.

Can anyone provide me with pointers to documentation I may have overlooked
or (preferably) information on what I need to do that I have not done.

domain eedsp.gatech.edu
nameserver 128.61.1.251
nameserver 128.61.1.1

Thanks for any assistance.

P. Allen Jensen
Georgia Tech, School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332
USENET: ...!{allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,ulysses}!gatech!eedsp!jensen
INTERNET: jensen%eedsp at gatech.edu