Sun window refresh problem

Sandeep Mehta sxm at philabs.philips.com
Tue Jun 27 00:43:58 AEST 1989

I asked this question some weeks ago but haven't got any replies. Does
anyone know the answer to the window refresh problem if one changes the
window tree hierarchy in SunView? Somebody at Sun ? Please email replies.

The basic problem is that the part of the window manager which handles
refresh after a window move or resize interprets the position of the
window as being relative to the top left-hand corner of the screen (or
root window), rather than relative to its parent.  For all normal
applications, the parent is the root window, so no problem arises, but if
you create a true subwindow (in my case, using window_create( 0, FRAME,
...), having changed the window parent variable (with we_setparentwindow)
to be the name of a frame I created earlier) then moving or resizing the
subwindow causes incorrect refresh.  There must be a fix for this
somewhere.

Thanks much.

sandeep
--
Sandeep Mehta                                       ...to be or not to bop ?
uunet!philabs!bebop!sxm                             sxm at philabs.philips.com