LaserWriter file spooling.... help?

Loki Jorgenson loki at physicsa.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 27 02:07:06 AEST 1989

We have recently purchased an Apple LaserWriter II. It has been connected
to port off of a 3/50 and runs reasonably well.  However, we seem to be
having problems with queuing.  There are instances where the printer
'freezes up', refusing to print the active job and not continuing to the
next.  When root clears the jobs from queue, the printer will then accept
a new job.

I presume that there is some protocol problem which is not being satisfied
by the spooler daemon.  I also presume that this has been encountered and
dealt with before.  Presumimg that I haven't left out any vital
information, is there someone out there who can give me the easy answer to
this problem?

Please Email directly.

Thanks in advance,

Loki Jorgenson				node:  loki at physicsa.mcgill.ca
Physics, McGill University	fax:   (514) 398-3733
Montreal Quebec CANADA		phone: (514) 398-6531

||||||| Looking for love in a digital age, finding it in analog |||||||