new Sun type-4 keyboards

William P. Reeder ut-emx!reeder at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 15 04:12:34 AEST 1989

Well, I might as well register my vote:  I dislike the new keyboard` a
great deal.`

Why?  The size and placement of the return key.`

That's it folks.  I can remap everything else nicely.  I can get used` to
the touch quickly.  But the return key IN THE WRONG ()@&*$^)@(#%#!(`
PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!`

OK, I have control again.`

There is no elegant way for me to remap keys to put the return key` where
it belongs and retain any tactile quality.  Remapping the `~ key` to be
return is bad because it is too small a target.  Think about it,` it just
don't work.  Pity, too.  This is the only thing I dislike about` the
SPARCstation 1, and I REALLY dislike it.`

William Reeder`
University of Texas at Austin`
Computation Center`

P.S.  I'm getting really tired of seeing`
Unmatched `.
--
DISCLAIMER:     Opinions expressed above are those of the author and do
not neccessarily reflect the opinions of the manufacturer of the wires