new Sun type-4 keyboards

Glenn Roberts gfr at cobra.mitre.org
Wed Jun 14 22:38:46 AEST 1989

Reference: v8n27

> > On a system with a Type-3 keyboard we find:
> >	:ku=\E[A:kd=\E[B:kr=\E[C:kl=\E[D:\
> > but on my system with a Type-4 keyboard (a Sun 386i)
> >	:ku=\E[215z:kd=\E[221z:kr=\E[219z:kl=\E[217z:\
>
> ... To make the first definition work, you must have "setkeys
> reset" in effect, so that the cursor keys generate the ANSI sequences.  To
> make the second definition work, you must have "setkeys noarrows" in
> effect, to make the keys generate the Sun sequences...

Neat!, now can anyone help me find setkeys?  The man page synopsis shows
it as being an 'old' command (in /usr/old) on Sun 3's and 4's but shows a
special synopsis for the Sun386i (which is what I'm interested in).  The
problem is that when I issue the setkeys command I get the message:
"setkeys: Command not found."  Pertinent info:

	1. I'm running 4.0.1 on my 386i
	2. man pages on my 386i don't have an entry for setkeys
	   (man pages on my 3's and 4's do).
	3. it is not in /usr/old
	4. I could not locate it with the find command
	5. it is not part of one of the optional clusters

Bottom line: it appears to me that setkeys is not part of the 4.0.1
distribution for the Sun386i, unless I've missed something (quite
possible).  Anyone have any ideas?

- Glennn Roberts, MITRE Corp., McLean VA (703) 883-6820
  groberts at mitre.org