Driver for CDC Wren (ZBR) under SunOS 4.0x needed

Ralph Barker amdahl!unixprt!ralmar!ralph at decwrl.dec.com
Mon Jun 19 12:12:00 AEST 1989

Pardon me if this question has been asked and answered in the past, being
on a limited budget, I usually pass over Sun-oriented items.

An associate is attempting to integrate CDC Wren V and Wren VII disk
drives into a system running SunOS 4.0x.  The drives use (according to
him) ZBR data encoding, which apparently causes problems with SunOS.  The
problem seems to center around the dynamic sector allocation used in the
ZBR encoding, resulting in the driver getting "lost" when trying to access
the outer sectors of the drive.

Is there an add-in driver available (either commercial or PD) that solves
this problem for the Wren drives?

Please e-mail pointers or suggestions to me, as I am not always able to
read news regularly.  Thanks for any info you can provide.  If there is
sufficient interest, I'll post a summary.

--
Ralph Barker, RALMAR Business Systems, 640 So Winchester Blvd, San Jose,CA 95128
uucp: ...{pyramid, sun, uunet}!amdahl!unixprt!ralmar!ralph