dumping on cartridge

Tahsin Choudhuri tahsin%rd-atlas at src.honeywell.com
Thu Jun 22 10:05:41 AEST 1989

I am using a Sun-3/60, whats the dump(8) command line that one should use,
to properly fill a data cartridge (3M 600A 600feet rated for 60MB
capacity).  The default options for size, blockfactor, density doesn't
seem to fill as much as the cartridge is rated for. Although if I use,
cpio or tar I can put close to 60MB or more. I am using /dev/rst8.

Anybody who experimented and found a solution, I would greatly appreciate
if you could share some info. Thanks in advance. Please email directly if
possible.

Tahsin 	Choudhuri, MN10-2515  ARPA: tahsin%rd-atlas at src.honeywell.com
Honeywell Inc. ResD MN 55422  UUCP: rutgers!umn-cs!srcsip!rd-atlas!tahsin