how to hook two 3/80's together?

Steve Elias eli at ursa-major.spdcc.com
Tue Jun 27 10:40:18 AEST 1989

In article <3930 at kalliope.rice.edu> you write:
|However, the 3/80's will only run SunOS 4.x & only have thick-net.
|
|1) The two 3/80's need to be permanently hooked together.  However, they
|will never be more than 5 feet apart.  Is there some way to skip the
|transceiver nonsense & just wire them together?

no.  you've got to shell out $$ for transceivers.  a couple of AUI cables
would be recommended, too...

|2) The 3/80's will only be connected to the other machines for development
|purposes & I was wondering if we could just run SLIP between one of the
|existing Sun-3's and one of the 3/80's & get the desired connectivity.

aw, c'mon...  put them on the ethernet!  it's worth the few hundred
bucks...

|Any pointers/comments/gotcha's would be appreciated.

i think you know that Sun gotcha already by leaving out the transceiver!

--
 ...... Steve Elias (eli at spdcc.com);(6178591389);(6178906844) {}