rsh screendump | screenload

Brian T. White white at cs.unc.edu
Tue Nov 28 01:30:43 AEST 1989

We noted this problem a while back, and we made a program called
"suntools.sec" that chown's /dev/fb to the login of the person who invoked
suntools, chmod's /dev/fb to 640, and chgrps /dev/fb to "games" so that
suid games programs (e.g., backgammon) will work.  The only problem we
have noticed with this is the need to reset the permissions on /dev/fb if
the machine is aborted.  (This has only happened a couple of times;  if it
became a problem, the permission reset could certainly be done via
/etc/rc.local.)

Ed's Note: Placed in archives

FTP: 	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : sectools.c

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source sectools.c