hostid -> model mapping

Mike Khaw khaw at parcplace.com
Fri Nov 10 11:15:07 AEST 1989

Some time ago, an issue of the Sun S/W Bulletin published a list of
mappings between hostids and model-types (e.g., 12xxxxxx is a 3/50).
However, since then, newer models have come out and I no longer get the
Sun SWB.

So, does anyone have a more complete/correct list than the following:

        hostid          model
        ------          -----
        11001*          nominal 3/160
        11002*          nominal 3/75
        11003*          nominal 3/140
        11004*          nominal 3/160
        11005*          nominal 3/180
        12*             3/50
	13000*		nominal 3/280
	13004*		nominal 3/260
        14*             3/110
        17*             3/60
	21*		4/??
	22001*		4/110
	23*		4/330 (?)
	3*		386i
	4200*		3/80 (?)
	51*		SparcStation 1

The ones marked "nominal" apparently have different enclosures, but
interchangeable CPU boards, so the hostid may not match what the badge on
the box says. The ones marked "(?)" are based on single samples.

What about the gaps:  were there ever 15* and 16* hostids in the Sun-3
line?  I'm also not sure why my list has both 11001* and 11004* as 3/160.

Thanks,
Mike Khaw