Sun-Nets mailing list

Steve D. Miller steve at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Nov 17 10:21:26 AEST 1989

The correct addresses for Sun-Nets are:

  sun-nets at umiacs.umd.edu (submissions to the readership)
  sun-nets-request at umiacs.umd.edu (administrivia, like getting on and
	                           off the list)

   For those in bangland, try ...!uunet!umiacs.umd.edu!whatever.

The old brillig.umd.edu addresses will work, and forward mail over here to
UMIACS-land.  Still, they're deprecated, and should go away someday...

Just to be completely clear:  *please* send to sun-nets-request rather
than sun-nets if you want to be on the list.  Look at it this way...  if
you send mail to sun-nets-request, the one person who can help you sees
the mail and deals with it.  If you send to sun-nets instead, the one
person who can help you (me!)  probably sees the mail, but 1000 (guess)
other people who *can't* help you also see the mail.  At least one percent
of these people will get upset and flame you; some might even flame me for
not moderating the list.  (And I definitely don't have time to moderate
the list, because I don't even have time to run it anyway.)  This is true
for most (99% at least) Internet mailing lists.

With my flamage aside, I think Sun-Nets is useful, and I encourage people
to fill my mailbox with requests to join.

	-Steve
	(sun-nets-request at umiacs.umd.edu)

[[Ed's Note: Okay, I stand corrected :), I'll forward this note to
the maintainer of the sun-386i list also so he can update his list to
show the new address. -bdg]]