Remote Windows under Sunview

Steven J. Hansel hansel at aerospace.aero.org
Tue Nov 14 07:53:40 AEST 1989

I was wondering if there is any way to get one Sun to open Sunview windows
on another Sun, like X windows does.  I know that this isn't possible with
just Sunview, but it seems that is should be possible to intercept calls
to the Sunview library and convert them into messages to send over the
net.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or some reason why this is impossibe?

The reason I want to do this is we have some very expensive software that
is liscenced to run only on one CPU and it would be nice to use other suns
as Sunview terminals.  This software only runs under Sunview, not X
windows.

Thanks in Advance.
	Steve Hansel
	hansel at aerospace.aero.org