Remote Windows under Sunview

Scott Schwartz schwartz at psuvax1.cs.psu.edu
Mon Nov 27 14:40:48 AEST 1989

Steve Hansel writes:
| I was wondering if there is any way to get one Sun to open Sunview windows
| on another Sun, like X windows does.  I know that this isn't possible with
| just Sunview, but it seems that is should be possible to intercept calls
| to the Sunview library and convert them into messages to send over the
| net.

What Steve suggests has been done, and the code is available for free.  It
is part of the ET++ toolkit from ETH, which I think is available by ftp
from cs.rochester.edu, and probably other places as well.  C++ is required
if you want to compile this stuff, but the distribution includes sun3
binaries that you can try out.

Scott Schwartz		<schwartz at shire.cs.psu.edu>