GX HRMONO mode

mr at racal-itd.co.uk mr at racal-itd.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 04:25:12 AEST 1989

The Autumn issue of SunTech journal has an article on Sun's GX frame
buffer that briefly describes a mode called "HRMONO" (it can perform
anti-aliasing computations). I have lightly hacked cg6_rop.c to enable
HRMONO mode when rop'ing and can get suitably smaller pixrects on the
screen when the source is a constant pixrect. Attempts to load a more
interesting pixrect (i.e. an image) gives dismal results (the most
exciting result to date is some vertical stripes).

I am obviously lacking some vital info, possibly to do with colour maps.
If anyone would care to enlighten me or even just discuss the matter
further then please get back to me. I'm out until 27th Nov so you've got
time to think :-).

cheers,
        Martin Reed, Racal Imaging Systems Ltd