Question: Sending printouts from Sun to SYmbolics...

Bruce Kirby brkirby at rodan.acs.syr.edu
Mon Nov 13 14:53:04 AEST 1989

We have a LaserWriter II attached to a Symbolics 3600. We would like to
set up our Suns, so that they can transfer files to the Symbolics for
printing.  I think I have the correct printcap entry, so that lpr will
work,  but don't know how to get the print spooler on the Symbolics to
work properly.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?  If not, would anyone know how
to find out what lpd expects when it tries to transfer a file?

Any suggstions would be helpful...

	Bruce Kirby
brkirby at zookeeper.cns.syr.edu