Delete and Backspace keys

23331-A Dietz1247M999 hera!afd at rutgers.edu
Thu Nov 2 01:50:25 AEST 1989

There are times, in the course of my daily routine, when I must log onto
the company mainframe in addition to doing work in my regular Sun
environment.  So what's wrong?  The backspace and delete keys exchange
functions in the two systems.  Talk about frustration.

Does anyone out there have a simple permanent remapping so that when I'm
in SunView land: backspace does backspace, delete does a kill - instead of
the other way around?  OR a remapping shell script for System V Unix that
makes backspace=kill and delete=backspace (as it is in my Sun
environment)?

Thanks,
-A Dietz
Bellcore, Morristown