Real time process calls in SunOS

uunet.uu.net!melpar!jim at cs.utexas.edu uunet.uu.net!melpar!jim at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 2 06:04:42 AEST 1989

I am very interested in your responses, as we are doing basically the same
thing. The difference being our original acquisition was done by hardware,
and now it is on the Sun.  We are using a real-time processor in a VME
chassis to get the data and then we send it to the Sun over a parallel
line.  Our problem is displaying it fast enough on the Sun.

For another effort I am interested in, the OS you are running on the
PDP-11.  We run Ultrix-11 on ours and it is incredibly slow.  Sounds like
what you have might help us out.  Does it support IPC messages and shared
memory?

Any information on it would be greatly appreciated.

		Thanks
		Jim Hopkins