Problems with a Fujitsu M2614SA

Dave Alden alden at shape.mps.ohio-state.edu
Fri Nov 3 06:18:46 AEST 1989

I evaulated a Fujitsu M2614SA yesterday and was very impressed with it,
except for one "small" problem.  When copying large amounts of data onto
it I would occasionally get the following error message:

esp0:   3.0 data exhaust
        Stat=0x10<XZERO>, Intr=0x10<BUS>
        Last state='UNKNOWN', Last cmd='dma tran_info'
        DMA addr=0xfff04588, last=0xfff02588;Dma CSR=0x8000000
sd0:    SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset': retrying command

If you have any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them - I'm dying to purchase
several of these drives for my SparcStations - but this error leaves me a
little queasy (needless to say).  For those of you who haven't heard about
this drive - it's a 3.5inch Synch/Asynch 180M drive.  It mounts directly
into the sparcstation and holds quite a bit more than the drive that sun
is currently selling (Fujitsu = 180M vs Sun's Drive = 105M).