Help - Setting up VLSI lab

Charles H. Buchholtz chip at pender.ee.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 9 03:35:15 AEST 1989

We will be buying approximately 12 Sun workstations for a VLSI lab.  We
will be running Spice, Magic, X, and the usual Unix and editting stuff.

Our preliminary plan is to buy 12 SPARCstations, each with, 12 (16?) Meg,
Color tube, and the smallest possible SCSI disk for local swap.  We'll
also need some sort of server (possibly a 4/370).

Any advice or experience will be joyfully welcomed.  We have to put out a
preliminary budget this week, so I would greatly appreciate prompt
replies.

Mail to me and I *will* summarize for the net.

Charles H. Buchholtz                           chip at ee.upenn.edu
Systems Programmer                             (215) 898-2284
Department of Electrical Engineering           200 S. 33rd St, rm 328
University of Pennsylvania                     Philadelphia, PA 19104