GPIB on 3/60 or SS-1

Raj Benjaram - Silicon Valley IC District SE benjaram at maui-demo.west.sun.com
Thu Nov 2 03:08:21 AEST 1989

>>Anyone knows of a maker of GPIB converter that can be connected to either
>>the serial or SCSI ports on 3/60 or SS-1 ?

I *know* there is a blackbox available that connects to the SCSI on SS-1.
This box looks like any SCSI device to the system, and converts SCSI
commands into GPIB, which is connected on the other end. As to who makes
it, IOTECH in Dublin, Ohio has a working product. National Instruments
will ship thiers soon! FYI, National Instruments also has many GPIB boards
for Sun's including the 386i. Hope this helps,

-Raj Benjaram
-Sun Microsystems, Inc.
-rbenjaram at sun.com
-sun!rbenjaram