/etc/hosts.equiv file

Roland Dirlewanger rd at chorus.fr
Tue Nov 14 22:25:19 AEST 1989

In `comp.sys.sun' (message #6183) John_Stewart at CARLETON.CA wrote:

> I would be interested in hearing (by mail) what other people are doing to
> maintain their /etc/hosts.equiv files.  If I get any particularily
> inspiring responses, I will summarize and post to sun-spots.

The way I did it is to define a netgroup for all the trusted machines.
The /etc/netgroup is maintained by the Yellow Pages, so every time you
install a new host, you just need to modify one file.  You just have to
replace all your current /etc/hosts.equiv with one containing the line :

	+ at trustedhosts