Send info about SMD and SCSI drives

F. L. Charles Seeger III seeger at manatee.cis.ufl.edu
Mon Nov 20 09:20:24 AEST 1989

I hereby offer to perform a service for everyone.  Send by email your
advice/experience/opinion/whatever with SMD drives on Sun servers and with
3.5" SCSI drives in SS-1s and 3/80's.  I will make all the responses that
I receive available for anonymous ftp from the host bikini.cis.ufl.edu
(128.227.224.1) in the "dist" directory.

Please use one of the following subject lines:

	Sun-SMD-drives
	Sun-SMD-controllers
	Sun-SCSI-drives

In particular, I would like to hear of good sources for the Quantum 105S,
experience with other drives (including both smaller and larger drives),
and sources of the little plastic mounting brackets that snap into the
SS-1 and 3/80 case.  This is the next big purchase that we are planning to
make.

  Charles Seeger            E301 CSE                     +1 904 335 8053
  CIS Department            University of Florida
  seeger at ufl.edu            Gainesville, FL 32611