Bypassing the cmdtool editor

Daniel Kirkham - NSSS shiva!kirkham at uunet.uu.net
Fri Nov 17 17:21:59 AEST 1989

I'd like to modify cmdtool(1) so that it passes cursor key codes directly
to the shell. I know shelltool(1) does this, but I also want the scroll
bars, etc..

I do not have documentation for the TERM subwindow, upon which cmdtool is
based, and hence cannot determine whether I would be better off starting
with the TERM subwindow or the TTY subwindow.

I'm running SunOS 4.0.3.

Any ideas? Mail to me and I will summarise to the net.  Thanks in advance.

Daniel Kirkham,	                ACSnet        kirkham at shiva.trl.oz
Telecom Research Laboratories,  Internet      kirkham at shiva.trl.oz.au
P.O. Box 249,  Clayton,         UUCP {uunet,ukc}!munnari!shiva.trl.oz!kirkham
Victoria 3168, AUSTRALIA.       VoiceNet      + 61 3 541 6328