Domain Name Service under SunOS is lacking

Daniel Ehrlich ehrlich at cs.psu.edu
Thu Nov 16 09:10:22 AEST 1989

In article <3013 at brazos.Rice.edu> mcooper at usc.edu writes:
> Domain Name Service under SunOS currently is not supported very well at
> all as most Internet people have figured out by now.  I'd like to know if
> Sun plans on cleaning things up sometime soon.  I'd be interested in
> hearing even vague rumors.

As this has been an ongoing complaint of Sun users since the DNS went into
production in ancient times, I would not hold my breath wait for Sun to do
anything.  YP is a kludge.  It should be admitted as such and junked in
favor of something better.  Perhaps the Kerberos/Hesiod/Zephyr software
from Project Athena at MIT?

Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich at cs.psu.edu>