Creating panel buttons under XView produces X Errors

Chuck Neal yamada-sun!chuck at nosun.west.sun.com
Sun Dec 9 08:25:08 AEST 1990

Both of my problems produce the following error message:

	X Error:  BadIDChoice
	  Request Major code 1 ()
	  Request Minor code 8
	  ResourceID 0xXXXXXX
	  Error Serial #XXX
	  Current Serial #XXX

The first problem occurs when I try to create more than eight server
images from 32x32 bitmap files.  The second occurs when I use
panel_paint() to display the buttons I've created from a combination of
bitmap and string server images; it doesn't matter whether I use
panel_paint() on each button separately or on the entire panel, after all
buttons are created.  I have no problem creating more than eight server
images from strings.

I'm using OpenWindows 2.0 under SunOS 4.0.3c on a SPARCstation 1.

Chuck Neal			Internet: <@cse.ogi.edu:yamada-sun!chuck>
CAE Software Engineer		Uucp: ...!tektronix!nosun!yamada-sun!chuck